a little garden
tomatoes sprout between the
alley and the depot wall
bounty, lush greens, peas
and yellow beans with
variegated peppers to accompany onions
20 April 2018
National Poetry Writing Month 2018
Cherita Poetic Form
- Cherita (pronounced CHAIR-rita) is a linked poetry form of one-, two-, and three-line stanzas.
- A ‘linked poem’ is written solo or by poets working with partners or small groups, taking turns composing the alternating three-line and two-linestanzas.
- Cherita is the Malay word for “story” or “tale”.
- This poetic form has no title. Mine does.
- The cherita tells a story was created by ai li, a UK poet in 1997 in memory of her grandparents.